Hi Roland
I agree this makes sense. I am not sure, though, whether we can
reasonably expect things to happen in one 'Big Bang': mailing lists, new
CVS repository, web site, JIRA migration and so on. Most likely not.

Besides, unless we start getting MASSIVELY more feedback on 3.0, I am
not sure what else we can do but start hacking on 4.0 branch while 3.0
still goes through its natural development cycle: alpha -> beta -> rc ->
release. I sense the work on 4.0 may well commence as early as next
month. Basically that will buy us some time, but not much. I certainly
want to start the discussion on the 4.0 architecture (at least in broad
strokes) very, very soon.

This, again, makes the issue of issue tracking system highly important,
as we better have a sane road map and reasonably well articulated
strategy as soon as people start asking what the heck Jakarta HttpClient
4.0 is all about and how on earth we ended up with 3 API incompatible
branches.

Oleg

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 16:43, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> could we synchronize the switch with the 4.0 implementation?
> In other words, continue with Bugzilla for 2.0 and 3.0, but once
> work gets started on 4.0, where the API changes and the package
> names probably change, then the bug tracking system changes
> as well?
>
> cheers,
>   Roland

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any
attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.