> Another question is if we want to switch to Subversion when we go to
> 4.0.  It sounds like Jakarta is moving in that direction.  Also, if
> we're going to switch repos and change our package name it would seem
> like a good time.

Eventually every project will _have_ to migrate to Subversion. Going
with Subversion for 4.0 sounds like the right thing to do

> I agree that it may be difficult to do all these things at once, but I
> think if we start doing things now it shouldn't be too painful.  The
> next item to move is probably the mailing list.  This has been on my
> TODO list for a while now.  I'll email infrastructure tonight and get
> the ball rolling.

+1

The question here is whether we want to keep this list separate from the
httpclient-dev and if yes for how long

> Next month seems pretty soon, but I guess you never know.  My guess was
> that it wouldn't happen until January.  We definitely want a pretty
> solid plan before we get started though.

Well, we have four outstanding bug reports. Test case refactoring may
take time, but I believe that may not be enough to keep us busy till
January

http://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&email1=&emailtype1=substring&emailassigned_to1=1&email2=&emailtype2=substring&emailreporter2=1&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&changedin=&votes=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&product=HttpClient&component=Commons+HttpClient&target_milestone=3.0+Beta+1&target_milestone=3.0+Beta+2&target_milestone=3.0+Final&short_desc=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&bug_file_loc=&bug_file_loc_type=allwordssubstr&keywords=&keywords_type=anywords&field0-0-0=noop&type0-0-0=noop&value0-0-0=&cmdtype=doit&newqueryname=&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time

I think that we should start discussing the high level architecture, and
development road map as soon as httpclient-dev is up and running.