Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

Hello,

We use HttpClient for performing several HTTP post in parallel in
our applications. We have a problem when the server(s) receiving
our HTTP post either answers very slowly, or goes mad and sends
garbage data over and over: the connection stays open forever,
but more important, the Java threads as well.

Those are all problems you can solve:

1. Garabage data
If it violates HTTP, you will get an appropriate exception. If the content is not meaningful to you, your application should be able to figure that out and abort the method.

2. Open connections
You can set timeouts for idle connections, so you will get a timeout exception after a while. If the connection is active (i.e. client is receiving data), your application should be able to figure out if it is legitimate to stay open for such a long time and otherwise just abort the method.

I can't see any problem with HttpClient here.

Ortwin Glück

 NOSE applied intelligence ag

 software engineer