I believe that your problem is the fact that by calling the "GetMethod(url)"
constructor, you are creating a method with its own host configuration; in
this case, the method's host configuration is used when the method is
executed (as opposed to the default host configuration that you have created
on the connection).

In other words, the host, port, and path information for the specific method
invocation are extracted from the URL that you used to construct the
GetMethod.  If you replace this code:

client.getHostConfiguration()...

with this code:

method.getHostConfiguration()...

You should be all set.  Either that or call the parameter-less GetMethod
constructor, which will cause it to default to the host configuration for
your client.

OR you could call:

client.executeMethod( client.getHostConfiguration(), method,
client.getState())

That should work, too.

Hope that helps,
Bob