Madeleine,

If you activate wire/context logging in your application you'll get more
details on what exactly goes wrong

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

If you need help reading the log, feel free to post it to this list. Do
obfuscate security sensitive bits such as logon credentials prior to
posting.

Oleg

On Fri, 2004-10-08 at 16:45, Madeleine Wright wrote:
> Please can someone suggest the simplest way to access a URL
> programatically through a proxy server?  I'm using HttpClient and the
> proxy bits of my code look like this (everything else works fine - I can
> access all sites inside the firewall):
>
> HttpClient client = new HttpClient();
> client.getHostConfiguration().setProxy(proxyHost, proxyPort);
> Credentials creds = new UsernamePasswordCredentials(userName, password);
> client.getState().setProxyCredentials(realm, proxyHost, defaultcreds);
> GetMethod method = new GetMethod(url);
>
> I realize I seem to be supplying proxy host details twice!  But I can't
> otherwise see how to set the proxy port?  I keep getting an "access
> denied" message from the proxy server, indicating that I have not
> authenticated myself.  Does anyone know how I do that other than the
> method above (I am sure the actual proxy details given are correct).
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mad

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.  Access
to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is unauthorized.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this message, any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution, retention, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you are not the intended recipient, please
reply to or forward a copy of this message to the sender and delete the message, any
attachments, and any copies thereof from your system.