Op 29 okt 2010, om 15:10 heeft Magnus Manske het volgende geschreven:

> On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Krinkle <krinklem...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Op 29 okt 2010, om 14:51 heeft Magnus Manske het volgende geschreven:
>>
>>> Multilanguage tags, as well as synonyms, could simply be implemented
>>> as #REDIRECTs, maybe. [[Tag:Blume]] would redirect to
>>> [[Tag:Flower]],
>>> so a search for "Blume" would know about "Flower" easily. However,
>>> the
>>> system would then have to search for both Blume and Flower
>>> internally.
>>> Also, that could be a problem with "false friends" (en:Gift=present
>>> vs. de:Gift=poison).
>>
>> Though that's certainly not a bad option. I was thinking not to use
>> page-title search
>> when searching through tags. Instead the tag-table itself which
>> contains all the i18n
>> versions. An option on the tag-search page could specify whether the
>> search should
>> cover English( and/or user-language), or all languages.
>>
>> Reason being that using redirects would practically mean we are
>> supposed to keep
>> all redirects in-sync with the tag-translations, which seems double
>> work.
>
> A separate database table derived from the wikitext on [[Tag:Flower]]
> would certainly work as well.
>
> Another idea: Instead of inventing new syntax or pseudo-HTML tags, why
> not use language links? On [[Tag:Flower]]
> [[en:Flower]]
> [[de:Blume]]
>
> That is well-known syntax, and could be nicely parsed for some other
> applications (On [[de:Blume]] "Search for images on commons relating
> to Blume" generated automatically, or something)
>
> However, it would preclude synonyms within the same language, as there
> is only one language:title pair stored AFAIK.
>
> Magnus

Sure, that works too (I was aiming at the #tag syntax, which I believe
is also
fairly easy parsed).

Whether [[xx:Words here]] or {{#en:Words here}}.
The former might confuse the few users that check the Diff (instead of
editing the page
with the form) as I asume the Tag:-page would not actually have
langlinks.

--
Krinkle