Andrew Gray, 11/10/2011 20:11:
> It may be that more controversial images provoke more meta-discussion,
> with more links to them as a result (from talkpages, deletion
> discussions, etc) and so are more likely to appear "popular" to the
> search system, but that's just a guess.

Hm, Lucene Streisand effect.

Béria Lima, 11/10/2011 20:31:

<http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sexuality_pearl_necklace_small.png>
 > so, would be obvious to be one of the first results if you are looking
 > for *pearl necklace*.

Looks like there are 248 exact file matches.
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=%22pearl+necklace%22&fulltext=Search&ns6=1&profile=advanced>
I see that the first image doesn't use information template, perhaps
descriptions within templates are treated differently? Could be a wrong
assumption based on how infoboxes work on Wikipedia. (Just more
imaginative speculations...)

Nemo