Hi Daniel,

Op 26-6-2013 20:37, Daniel Kinzler schreef:
Am 25.06.2013 22:16, schrieb Maarten Dammers:
I think that the technology of Wikidata would be very useful for this, but that
the meta data should be maintained on Commons itself.
Why?
Because it makes sense that the meta-info is stored in the same place as and
maintained by the same people as the primary data. Easier to maintain, back up,
etc.
Commons should be the interface to maintain the data. The actual data can be stored in a different location.
I want to link the images with the items on Wikidata. So instead of having
[[Category:Grote Kerk, Haarlem]] I just want to do "depicts" <Q item for the
Church>
I guess that's not possible when we have two Wikibase databases?
Sure it's possible, no problem. The example properties are meant to be read that
way.
So I can link images of the church to https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q1545193 (item on Wikidata)? I don't feel like having duplicate systems......
You won't be able to run queries that span both system though, like "give me the
birthdays of all people shown on pictures in category x". But that's the only
big limitation i see.
In the long run we should probably get rid of the categories.

Maarten