Hi Lars,

The original scans are large single-page TIFFs (or JP2? not
immediately sure) from which these files were extracted - as you've
noticed, they're not taken from the PDFs.

The master images aren't available online, but I believe this is more
for reasons of scale and size than from a desire to keep them
protected - I know they've been made available to on-site researchers
without any restrictions. You'd be best off contacting the BL team if
you want access to the originals.

For other items from the same book, use the imagesfrombook tag:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishlibrary/tags/imagesfrombook000507311/

Andrew.

- Andrew Gray
  andrew.g...@dunelm.org.uk