On 12/20/2013 10:23 PM, Lars Aronsson wrote:
where some fine print is no longer legible. What I
want is one that has only been reduced down
to 300 dpi or so. How can I get that?

With a little help from okfn-labs (Open Knowledge
Foundation), here is a script that works for my book:

#!/bin/sh
pag=1
while true
  do
  hex=`printf "%04X" $pag`
  dec=`printf "%04d" $pag`
  if [ ! -s $dec.jpg ]
  then
    echo -n .
wget -q -O $dec.jpg "http://access.bl.uk/IIIFImageService/ark:/81055/vdc_000000011B9A.0x00$hex/0,0,10000,10000/pct:100/0/native.jpg"; || break
    sleep 2
  else
    echo -n :
  fi
  pag=`expr $pag + 1`
  done

That is the URL for one tile, but the tile that I
request starts at 0,0 and is 10000 pixels wide,
so it contains the full page 1800x2400 pixels,
in full (pct:100) = 300 dpi resolution.
This was faster than waiting for BL's webmaster's
response on Monday.

In my case, I want the JPEGs. But if you want to
use a book in Wikisource, you might want to
create a Djvu or PDF bundle of all the JPEGs for
the entire book.

--
  Lars Aronsson (l...@aronsson.se)
  Project Runeberg - free Nordic literature - http://runeberg.org/