Hi Shiv,

Please place the commons project name in the subject line when sending
to this (shared) list. I've made the modification to this email this
time.

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 02:45 -0700, shiv shankar wrote:
> I want to diable commons-logging which being used by
> httpclient api.
> I am getting java.security.AccessControleException

When you report a problem, please indicate what version of the software
you are using. From the line-numbers reported, I believe this is
commons-logging-1.1.

The problem is in the static initializer block for the LogFactory class
itself; it tries to look up a system property to determine what
hashtable implementation to use to store LogFactory instances (a weak
map, or a regular one).

Because this code is always run as soon as the LogFactory class is
loaded, you can't fix this by using any kind of config file.

And because the static block isn't being run inside an AccessController,
there's no way to fix the problem by signing/authorizing the logging
jarfile.

I will create a JIRA issue to ensure that any access exceptions caused
by the LogFactory static initialiser get caught and ignored. However for
you, the best option at this point is probably to use commons-logging
1.0.4 until this is fixed. Sorry about that.

Regards,

Simon