Hola,

On 1/23/07, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
That's a good step, but it's not sufficient for this case and does
> not provide the same functionality as add scope="provided."

Why?  The part of C-L that depends on the servlet API is indeed optional,

That's my bad wording.  Declaring the dependency as optional would
actually be sufficient for my use-case.  However, as the Maven doc
notes
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-optional-and-excludes-dependencies.html),
optional dependencies are a stop-gap measure.  I think the
scope="provided" is a bit cleaner and has clearer semantics to users.

Either way, it looks like this is being addressed or will be shortly:
thanks for the quick responses.  Now I just have to wait for the next
JCL release ;)  Actually, if it's as simple as just packaging and
updating the web site, I guess I could do it myself.

Yoav