Hi Maruis,

---- Marius Hanganu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We need to build a Java bean from an XML snippet like the following:
>
> <user property="name">Superman</person>
>
> The XML is imposed by an external source. How can rules be defined in
> digester to load two properties for a bean called user?
>
> User {
>    private String property; // mapped from attribute "property"
>    private String value; // mapped from XML tag content
> }

I suggest you look at the examples that are available in the source
distribution, or can be downloaded from the subversion repository. These cover
the basics of using Digester.

There are also many tutorials online that can be found via google etc.

And in future, please start the email subject line with [digester]; this list
is shared among many different projects.

Regards,

Simon