Hi Gert

There may be a combination of issues here. Can you try the 2.0 RC?

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/commons-net-ftp-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

You will need to be running JDK 5.0/6.0 for this. This has fixes for various
threading issues. Of course, if you are constrained toJDK 1.4.x, this wont work
for you. As regards the potential IIS issue, this is difficult for me to
comment on, as I dont currently have access to an IIS 6.0 FTP server. If anyone
knows of a public one that I can make use of somewhere, then I could try to
reproduce your issue.

Thanks
Rory