Hi AfriNIC Board,

Can this board please *urgently* inform this community as to what preparations
they have made as regards to compliance with the General Data Protection
Regulations passed by the European Commision and the board will be in a
position to give this community a full and complete report as to their GDPR
compliance status and what will be changing before the 25th of May to ensure
that when the GDPR comes into force AfriNIC is compliant.

Considering that the regulation comes into force on the 25th of May 2018 - and
AfriNIC is 100% holding data of EU Citizens, which makes them subject to the
regulations irrespective of the fact that they are domiciled in Mauritius -
this is an urgent and critical issue.  It has direct impact on the whois
database, abuse contact information, handling of data submitted during
application process and potentially even the proposed review policy, just to
name a few things that I can think of off the top of my head - and cannot be
ignored.  I would in fact have liked to have seen discussions by the board in
the minutes that have been published about the GDPR long before now -
considering the impact - but failing that - the question is now being asked.

Andrew