In IETF we have a wiki for that kind of good communication and also a mailing
list specific for each meeting (I think that mailing list also exists for
AFRINIC meetings but only to send official announcements).

Regards,
Jordi
@jordipalet

El 17/11/19 20:56, "Nishal  Goburdhan" <nis...@controlfreak.co.za> escribió:

    On 17 Nov 2019, at 13:09, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via Community-Discuss
    wrote:

    > I don’t think AFRINIC publishes an attendee list, an even less with
    > contact emails, so not sure how that will work.
    > At least, I just looked at the website (and recent events websites)
    > and couldn’t find it.

    many years ago, there were meeting-specific mailing lists, so that
    meeting attendees could share taxi rides, find dinner partners, or
    jogging trails, .. etc.  without spamming regular mailing lists.  if you
    weren’t registered for the specific meeting (and presumably onsite)
    you were saved from the span of “where is a nice place to .. “ type
    messages, which were only really contextually useful for meeting
    attendees.  the lists were killed shortly after the meeting.

    that process was unfortunately discontinued.

    -n.

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company

confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the
individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if
partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be
considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly
prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the
original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.