Dear Community,
Hope you are doing well!

Le ven. 5 févr. 2021 14:44, Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com> a écrit :

Dear Owen,
Thanks for your email, brother.

> Originally, the space was used for some rather specialized connectivity
> services.

:-) ...any evidence ?

Good new ! we know, now, that no one
can get Internet number resources
(INRs) at AfriNIC in justifying its needs
as to engage in leasing such precious
resources...

...what we still not know is *if* their new
justification of utilization of INRs was
explaining that they were going to start
a leasing activity with *our* INRs.

> Due to changes in the market and the legal environment, those
> services became less lucrative and the organization pivoted.

...i suppose, as required by the RSA [1],
they have already shared their new
network design, with AfriNIC at that
time, to explain the new kind of usage
they were about to starting :-/

> Hardly any organization that has been in this business for more than 10
> years is using every address they have for the exact purpose for which it
> was approved.

...i hope that they, at least, usually go back to the registration service (as
expected) to justify the change on the utilization, they planed themselves, of
the allocated INRs.

> None the less, delegating addresses to customers for their legitimate use
> as unique internet addresses remains the primary purpose of any IR whether
> it be regional, national, or local.

...a candidate for a *review of INRs*? or
am i missing something :-/
__
[1]: RSA section 2.(d)
<https://afrinic.net/membership/agreements#rsa>
~°~
(d) where the original information
submitted has been the subject of any
change, same has to be notified
promptly, accurately and fully to AfriNIC
by an authoritative and valid contact.
~°~

> There exists no requirement in policy that such delegations involve
> connectivity services. In fact, no RIR provides connectivity services to
> any of the organizations it issues addresses to.
>
> [...]

Shalom,
--sb.

Le 5 février 2021 20:35:47 GMT+01:00, Sylvain Baya <absc...@gmail.com> a écrit :

>Le ven. 5 févr. 2021 14:44, Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com> a écrit :
>
>> Originally, the space was used for some rather specialized
>connectivity
>> services. Due to changes in the market and the legal environment,
>those
>> services became less lucrative and the organization pivoted.
>>
>> Hardly any organization that has been in this business for more than
>10
>> years is using every address they have for the exact purpose for
>which it
>> was approved.
>>
>> None the less, delegating addresses to customers for their legitimate
>use
>> as unique internet addresses remains the primary purpose of any IR
>whether
>> it be regional, national, or local.
>>
>> There exists no requirement in policy that such delegations involve
>> connectivity services. In fact, no RIR provides connectivity services
>> any of the organizations it issues addresses to.
>>
>> Certainly, if such a requirement were intended, it could have been
>written
>> into the policy.
>>
>> Owen
>>

>> On Feb 5, 2021, at 04:39, Arnaud AMELINA <ameln...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> AfriNIC staff: has any LIR applied for IP space for the purpose of
>>> *leasing* and received IP address space?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Frank
>>>
>>> ______________________
>>>

>> Question très importante, et espérons une réponse adéquat de la part
>du
>> STAFF d'AFRINIC.
>>
>> Cordialement
>>
>> Very important question, hope an adequate response from AFRINIC
>STAFF.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> --
>> Arnaud