well principally you should be interested in this communication. Another PRO...
more opportunity for ant committers to become recognized and achieve membership.

.......... ummmmm, you say that like there is an end-gain

An honor more like. . Plus the opportunity to have more influence in/benefit from the most influential software development organization ever. Certainly this involves responsibility.
Few things worth anything don't.

If you don't feel that way....then I guess "why are you here?" is a good question.

"To write code" isn't good enough.  You can do that on sourceforge.

then again this may be the effect of the "real system" for committership... ("fine...apply your patches yourself if you don't think I do it fast enough ;-)")

I'm not on the ant list but I would be definaterly keen to see such a proposal cross posted to community@

yes. or just moved there.

That would be cool!

Cheers, Steve.