Henri Yandell wrote:
Another question to the community, will ApacheCon contain more in the way
of Java project talks in the future? I'd always ignored ApacheCon
information as in years passed Apache meant httpd to me. Looking at the
upcoming one, there seem to be only two talks which would appeal to
Jakarta as a community and both are quite vague and Tomcat focused.

Here are the sessions I see that are Jakarta related:

TU02 - Cocoon (its Java afterall!)

TU06 - abstract says Jetspeed

TU14 - this is me and Ant :) - and not Tomcat related at all

TU16 - I'm bummed because this one is while I'm speaking, but its on Axis, which is Java.

WE02 - BSF, again, very Java related

WE06 - What is more Jakarta than Struts and Craig McClanahan?  :)

WE08 - Xerces-J

WE16 - Tomcat

TH02 - Turbine

TH06 - Commercial software and Jakarta

TH13 - LDAP, but it mentions Java in the categories

TH20 - Tomcat and Security

TH22 - Looks Java/Axis-centric to me

There are some xml ones which might be of interest to the community.

Yes, lots of XML above, but all seem quite relevant to most Jakarta folks, I think.

So it seems Jakarta is much better represented than one might think just from the talk titles (I drilled into each one to get the list above).

See you there?!  :)

        Erik