> VOTE 1:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> read this mail list thru a web archive?
>
>    [X] +1 yes, let's make it readable
>    [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>    [ ] -1 no, let's keep it private
>
> VOTE 2:  would you like to make it possible for non-committers to
> fully subscribe to this mail list?
>
>    [ ] +1 yes, let's open it to everyone
>    [ ]  0 don't know/don't care
>    [X] -1 no, let's keep it for committers only
>
> and invitees (contributors).
>
> Though I hesitate to say so, I need to make this perfectly clear.
> I will unsubscribe from this list if non-contributors join.  I am
> not going to take time away from my life for people who haven't
> earned the right to be in this community.
>
> ....Roy

Roy,
I had the same thought and was about to vote the way you did. Then I
reconsidered because I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that we will NOT get a lot
of subscribers that are not community members. The few non-community folks we
get will hopefully be net contributors to the discussions.   We can always clamp
down if it becomes necessary. Wishful thinking perhaps but there you go.

Bill