Noel J. Bergman wrote:

Andrew,

Hallalujah! I have been asking about a Wiki on and off for months, and was
told as recently as a week ago that there were security reasons for not yet
having one. Kudos for just getting this done!

I have security tested this wiki and its been running in multiple installations on my server. Besides this, it isn't any more dangerous or priviledged than bugzilla. (and less so probably because bugzilla is names such not because of its function but because it is a giant bug with bug reporting features)...

I am not familar with the code of this particular Wiki engine. What would
it take to attach an optional mailing list attribute to a page so that when
the page is edited, a notice can be driven to the mailing list? Or so that
a daily/weekly report could be generated containing that info?

I do not know. http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheWiki lists everything I know. However there is this:
"
$UseEmailNotify = 0; # 1 = allow email notification, 0 = don't
$NotifyDefault = 0; # Default for email notify checkbox on Edit page.
$EmailFrom = "Wiki"; # Text for "From: " field of email notes.
# (But Reply-to; is set to same as To: anyway.)
$SendMail = "/usr/sbin/sendmail"; # Full path to sendmail executable
"
configuration information in "config". If you wish to research it and supply a patch please look here: http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheWiki and follow the instructions.

The primary communication mechanism is the push-model mailing list. A Wiki
is basically pull-model. I'd like to see push-model notification integrated
into the Wiki, which is something I am considering adding to vqWiki when
I've some time.

Cool supply a patch and I shall apply it with due haste.

Thanks,

-Andy

        --- Noel