"Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> I was going to reply that perhaps the choice of usemodwiki was a good
> one as a turnkey thing, but perhaps not the best choice for the long
> term due to the lack of competent Perl programmers willing to
> contribute.  At the moment, Danny Angus and Rick Bowen are the two
> who've stepped forward, and both of them have other primary
> involvements, not to mention this being the first week that many
> people are back from spending time with family.

I was/am also planning to help, and I did look over the usemodwiki
source to get acquainted with it.  However, I don't have any
experience with wikis, nor with RSS, so I also need to bring myself
up to speed on the technology-  according to *my own* (free)
timetable.  Part of that learning process is simply watching
how experienced people operate, and then trying to mimic their
behavior.  Or not, as the case may be.

> On the other hand, we've a lot more competent server-side Java
> contributors.

Right.  To my knowledge, there are only a dozen or so active
committers that work on perl-related ASF projects.

--
Joe Schaefer