David Reid wrote: [...]
As to whether project should have blogs - isn't the whole point of blogs
that they represent an individuals personal views? I fail to see why a
project would wish such a thing...

I agree that providing a forum where news can be made available for projects
in an easier to find location is a good thing and soemthing we should aim to
provide, but I'm totally opposed to blogs or wiki as the medium to fulfil
this need.

[copying mail I posted on infrastructure]

Forrest already gives the changes of the projects also as an RSS feed, that is the pivot of syndication, the blood of all blogs.
I'm going to add soon a news.xml file so that projects can add news items for themselves and have them come out as RSS feeds.

Ok, this palliative is not real blogging, but probably kind of solves part of the *need* that brings projects to ask for blogging.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -