Erik,

Sorry ... "one of our products" wasn't referring to an Apache product, which
is why I went on to look for some Open Source products to do the job.  :-)

> I only used linklint so far; it's easy to setup and provides detailed
reports.

I just loaded it up onto one of my internal systems

linklint -http -host <project>.apache.org -limit 5000 -doc
sites/<project>.apache.org /@

Is that the best set of options, or is that a bit too naive?  From the site
report, it looks as if the best thing would be to put the results somewhere
on daedalus or icarus, and post e-mail saying that the results are
available.

Would you be willing/able to help set it up?  Would it be best to run it on
one of the apache servers, or a third-party machine?  I suspect that the
configuration ought to be kept in a CVS module available to Committers,
which could be updated to the linklint server before each run.  Once setup,
a cron job could kick it off at the desired schedule.

        --- Noel