Have I suggested that infrastructure be involved in writing/maintaining the
web pages?

I agree with what you say and have stated that web pages are a good idea,
but I also know that when a person gets commit and gets emails from the ASF
they read them! It's a one off thing and I think that it's something we
should be doing - in fact something we should have been doing for a long
time now. Belt & braces generally work better than either in isolation.

Community should be responsible for the pages and the content of the email.
Infrastructure are responsible for providing us with the tools to allow them
to be created/maintained etc. That's a different discussion and one we will
have, but all these things require a stepping stone approach.

As we're still trying to get to the first stone let's be patient and not try
to leap the river in one jump! I don't want to get wet at present.

david