My opinion is that the board should take this suggestion very seriously.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [proposal] daedalus jar repository (was: primary distribution location)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:54:20 -0500
From: "Noel J. Bergman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <community@apache.org>
CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

My proposal is that Dion Gillard be asked to chair a repository committee. He is the most familar with the issues, he works with a lot of the Java technologies (Tomcat, Ant, Maven, James, Jetspeed, Struts, Turbine), and although he is a Maven fan, he is agnostic in terms of ensuring that all build technologies would be supported.

As for where the committee is located, personally I don't care if it were under Ant, Maven, Jakarta, Infrastructure, or the Blue Moon. But based upon the personality clashes from this morning, and knowing Dion quite well, I propose that Dw's earlier suggestion of infrastructure be followed, and this be an infrastructure sub-project.

I just gave Dion a heads-up that I was going to propose this, and he is
amenable if that is what people want to do.

        --- Noel