Nick Chalko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/03/2003 05:56:32 AM:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Nick,
> >
> > can you explain why there is a need for a subproject and not a
> > sub-subproject etc?
>
> Good question.
>
> This also releates to "what is a project" .  Jakarta , avalon,  turbine.

>  poi, poi-contrib.
> On the one hand we could allow  unlimited subprojects.   specify that
> projects must start with a letter, and version must start with a number.
>
> Or the other aproach is only one level of projects then you have
> jakarta-avalon-fulcrum.
>
> This is a namespace problem, how do we avoid naming collitions at Apache
>  I suppose we could say that  a  "project"="cvs module"
In the interest of a URI that's not going to change too much, cvs module
is as fragile as subproject in my experience, and whilst a good idea,
still leaves the URI too fragile for my liking.

> My preference would be for /project/[subproject/..]/version/artifact.
Version being in the directory I've already mentioned.

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au