Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > We need to focus on good SA filtering techniques and also try to
> > minimise our exposure, e.g. removing author tags from javadoc;
> > obfuscating web pages especially the who.html in each project.
>
> And what makes you think that there aren't harvesters that scan CVS change
> logs?

I am absolutely sure that there are. Any method that we can conceive
is already being done.

> Hiding your e-mail address as if it were an unlisted phone number is just a
> form of security through obscurity, and the wrong place to address the
> problem.  It works better for spammers who hide their origins through
> criminal activity, than recipients.

Every place that we address is yet another piece of the
multi-faceted puzzle.

There is an analogy with personal hygiene. If we get in the
habit of washing our hands after going to the toilet and get
creative with ways to open the door without touching the handle
then we minimise our risk of disease.

--David