I wonder if we can give such a list some focus.
Doing just "python" is too broad.

We could limit to discuss tools that will help with
maintaining the Apache infrastructure. Of course Gump,
wiki-farm, maybe even Forrestbot, are all relevant.

Also i imagine little utilities to report issues, such as
to scan svn to detect end-of-line issues.

Of course the decisions and operations would still be
happening on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list. This new list
would discuss only how to best build the tools.

In this way our community is encouraged to help itself.
Real-life issues is the best way to learn.

--
David Crossley