--On Thursday, July 22, 2004 3:07 PM +0200 Nicola Ken Barozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"Do it yourself" scales, and I would think that any ASF member should be
able to create a list, given evident consensus. We did the same for the
Incubator files, remember?

Uh, no. That's the argument here: lists require the appropriate oversight structure. No member should be allowed to create a list by themselves. A PMC or the board is the *only* legitimate requestors for new ASF mailing lists.

Part of infrastructure@'s mandate is to ensure that the oversight structures are followed and the ASF is protected. -- justin