On Thursday 23 September 2004 15:53, Greg Stein wrote:

> We have significant reservations around including Stephen McConnell
> on any PMC at the ASF. For the forseeable future, I do not see
> the Board allowing Stephen to participate at a PMC level.

Initially _I_ have two blocks of questions;

1. As I have not seen this being formulated in an official policy, nor
expressed as a public Board sentiment, nor have I seen any resolution that
this is the case, nor have I seen a list of actions/activity that would bring
disqualification of an individual on a PMC, I therefor ask the Board to
present why this is the case with Stephen McConnell, a top contributor and
remarkable technical talent? Also, who else within the ASF are in this group
or may be on the verge of such disqualification? Am I?

2. Stephen is currently on the PPMC of the Directory project. Does the above
statement precondition a graduation of Directory out of the Incubator, that
Stephen is not part of the future Directory PMC? And how is this going to be
enforced on to the Directory project?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but currently the ASF doesn't have any
policies, procedures and by-laws regarding the 'demotion' of individuals, and
in effect anyone could potentially be at the whim of high ranking officers
(Board) and to a lesser degree PMCs(?), which currently may seem
satisfactorily, but that doesn't mean it always will be.

Cheers
Niclas