I'm sorry - but you will have to exclude myself from the above
endorsement.

The Avalon community established a PMC to represent the community
interests concerning the direction and administration of the Avalon
project.  The community interests were clear - a single platform, one
specification, a cohesive solution.  That decision was not respected by
the outgoing chair nor the board of directors of the ASF.

That is not the definition of a job-well-done.  Instead this is much
more about the weakness of individuals - in particular the members of
the board of directors of the ASF and not least of all our outgoing
chain.  However - there is much that can be learnt from this.  The
weaknesses of the BOD can be attributed to their collective
unwillingness to confront members of their own board. The weakness of
our Chair was more a question of his personal loyalty to the community.

Irrespective of the above obstacles a real and tangible alternative to
ASF continues under http://www.dpml.net.  The fundamental difference -
no distinction between the people who contribute and the people who run
the process.

Stephen.