Are here is the rub.

The normal oversight process is closely tied to the policies and
procedures on the ground.  Things like release procedures, release
manager, etc.  We have several statements from members of the board that
policies and procedures established at the PMC level are in effect null
and void.  Given a scenario where a challenge occurs, the issue comes
down to an arbitrary decision by the board to stand behind the
individual, or, to do nothing and claim that doing nothing is in the
interest of the foundation.

Cynical? Maybe .. but at least this discussion has established some
reference points concerning what is real and what is imaginary.

Cheers, Stephen.