El sáb, 17-12-2005 a las 09:14 -0800, Jean T. Anderson escribió:
> Mark Thomas wrote:
> > Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> >
> >>I think ignoring is an excellent tactic for a developer's list. I worry
> >>that isn't strong enough for a user's list, but I also wouldn't want to
> >>embark on a path that could backfire.
> >

> > Not exactly the same situation as yours but one of our users went off
> > on one a few months back and it looked like a flame war was about to
> > start. Rather than flame the guy (and boy was I tempted) I found that
> > an extremely polite reply taking every care to be reasonable whilst
> > quietly pointing out where he was wrong worked very well. I actually
> > got half a dozen messages from other users saying something along the
> > lines of "Great reply. I was about to flame the <insert favourite
> > adjective/noun combination here> but your reply was much better." and
> > best of all, not a single flame in response on the users list.
> >
> > For reference, my reply is here.
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=113114296007215&w=2
> >
> > Most of the credit for what I wrote should go to those who responded
> > calmly to a similar rant of his on the dev list.
>
> thanks for the excellent example.

wow, yes, even right now I feel the urge to flame this guy. ;-)

Nice example, thx.

BTW I reckon it is a very good alternative to the approach Stefano
described (fight fire with fire on the #2 guy). It has the advantage
that you can be the #2 guy and a Gandhi approach is even harder to turn
down.

salu2
--
thorsten