Thanks! I remembered seeing this script somewhere but I wanted to have a
small Ruby script to be easily callable from Rake. Plus writing it was
somewhat quicker than looking for it and it's sometimes fun to reinvent the
wheel ;)

On 3/30/07, Vadim Gritsenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Matthieu Riou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just written a small Ruby script to check whether all your files
> have the Apache license headers and optionally add them where they're
> missing. It's as simple as:
>
>    ruby check_license_headers.rb         # list files with no header
>    ruby check_license_headers.rb add  # add headers automatically
>
> It scans for 'java', 'xml', 'bpel', 'wsdl', 'c' and 'cpp' files but it's
> rather easy to add more files type. Might not be bullet proof but it
> worked well enough for me. Thought I'd just post it here in case someone
> else finds it useful.

It is indeed easier to read than perl ;-)

In case you need more features, in /committers/relicense/src/perl you can
find
scripts which can update from old style license header to new one, and
have more
configuration options.

Vadim