On 22 Dec 2008, at 22:31, Ted Husted wrote:

In the course of working on various development projects for various clients, it's not uncommon to need to store a number of account credentials that need to be shared with various members of a team. One product I've used is Password Saver <http://www.pwdsaver.com/>. It's a decent product, but its not multiuser, and sometimes we step on each other.

I was wondering if anyone can recommend a program like Password Saver, with multiuser features. We'd be most interested in a product that is PCI Security Standards complaint, with audit features.

Aside from COTS, I was wondering if there are other equally effective solutions that team use. For example, storing the credentials for a project in a secure SCM repository, parallel with the code.

I've found that using something like Bruce Sneiders' pwsafe within SVN works well. And if your SVN uses something like an x509 xs control with a layer of trapdoor audit logging around it - it is fairly easy to meet PCI.

Dw