On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the ApacheCon we discussed about introducing some generic
> topic-based mailing lists at Apache. Currently inter-project
> cooperation is a bit difficult as joining another dev@ or user@
> mailing list can be a pretty overwhelming experience due to the heavy
> volume of project-specific discussion. To avoid this problem we could
> introduce some generic mailing lists that cover technologies or other
> topics that are of interest to multiple Apache projects. Such lists
> could be osgi-interest@, http-interest@, xml-interest@,
> rest-interest@, jcr-interest@, build-interest@, etc. Whatever topic
> where two more projects have a shared interest and believe that they
> could benefit from a low volume forum where they could coordinate
> their efforts and exchange experience and code.
>
> WDYT?

I think it would end up with most threads CC;ing the relevant dev
lists (cross posting ftw), as not everyone in the communities will
sign up to such lists.

Have there been projects who are consistently cross posting each other
for a shared topic of interest?

(if so, maybe they should look more deeply at who is in their
community, maybe they should just be one TLP?)

-Paul