On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<rdon...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's an idea I came up with for the proposed Content/Web Technology
>> track in ApacheCon US 2009:
>>
>> We'd reserve and mark a table or a corner of the Hackathon area as the
>> "Meet the developers" corner where conference attendees could come and
>> meet the speakers and other project committers in a semi-organized
>> manner. The "corner" would have a wiki page where people from various
>> projects can sign up so everyone will know when they'll be there and
>> what projects they know about. This should make it easier for users
>> and other interested people to connect with the developers. The corner
>> could also be used as a place for ad-hoc demos, hands-on tutorials,
>> etc. and I'd like to ask the speakers of this track to drop by the
>> corner for 10-15 minutes after their presentation for any followup
>> questions and discussions for which there wasn't enough time earlier.
>>
>> If people like this idea, we could even expand it to cover the entire
>> conference instead of just a single track.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> +1

+1, but....

what I'd really like to drum up the energy to do is a "Come develop
with the developers corner". In so much as I spend a decent amount of
every ApacheCon now working on a Commons release and being able to
pull people in and distribute out some JIRA issues would be kinda
cool.

Hen