Plus,

I personally think that all the committers post to
anno...@apache.org etc. to use S/MIME.

I am no longer an individual sponsor (by
svn commit: r779649), so this is just IMHO:

# By the way, why there could be no "emertus sponsor"
# list? I donated to Python Software Foundation 4yrs ago
# and still remain my name listed on the web. I think it
# is rather Normal. Really Strange...

VeriSign Class 2 is 700USD/page per year IIRC.

All the members to have Class2 *for free* would be reasonable.
Plus, "donated" committers (e.g. 100USD) to have Class2
would be reasonable as well.

WDYT?

Tetsuya

----

> Tetsuya Kitahata wrote:
> > Seems that no response ... But don't care.
> >
> > MY Practical Proposal:
> > **** Establishing CA Server in @apache.org ****
> > (For S/MINE, PGP etc.)
> >
> > The Apache Software Foundation has numerous "fax"es or "paper"s from all
> > of the committers at least, and they would be reliable. It's good idea for
> > me (and YOU)
> > to establish CA Center (Server) in apache.
>
> AIUI the main problem is that there aren't (or weren't) any CA servers
> which did exactly what apache wanted.
>
> in general, apache tends to be use distributed trust models to avoid
> single points of failure. so, a CA would need to be secure and embody
> some of the same qualities.
>
> IIRC some folks started coding up a suitable application but i'm not
> sure why it never made it into use. a major use case was going to be
> managing client side certification for subversion access.
>
> AIUI infrastructure has been working hard implementing LDAP but that's
> just about completed. now might be a good time to ask them about the CA
> project.
>
> - - robert

Tetsuya Kitahata --  Terra-International, Inc. - President -
E-mail: kitah...@99.alumni.u-tokyo.ac.jp  http://www.terra-intl.com/
Apache News Online              http://www.apachenews.org/
1555 Doolittle.Dr Suite170 #200 San Leandro, CA, 94577
FAX: +1-4083512810 (USA) / +81-345209534 (Japan)/+44-2033182683(UK)
Skype: tkitahata / ai.kojima