On 13/09/2010 11:21, Isabel Drost wrote:
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 Jeff Hammerbacher<ham...@cloudera.com>  wrote:
I'd love to hear the reactions of other ASF members to the piece. I'd
also love to be directed to previous discussions on the topic, as I
know that adopting git for some projects has been discussed
previously.

IIRC there should be some discussions on the archive of the infra and
community mailing lists that were caused back when the read-only git
mirrors were set-up.

However I agree it would be nice to have one page that summarises the
results of these discussions - especially the problems that various
people saw. That way re-checking from time to time whether these
might be resolvable by additional tooling or a use of git different
from how it was discussed on the lists becomes easier.

ComDev would be happy to publish on their blog.

Ross