On 11/8/10 8:05 PM, J Aaron Farr wrote:
On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 7:37 AM, Rich Bowen<rbo...@rcbowen.com>  wrote:
I've been asked to take a little consulting job, and inevitably the "what do
you charge" question came around. I have not even the vaguest idea. Can
someone give me a feel for what the ballpark is these days? (Eastern USA, if
it matters.)
Rough rule of thumb is to take your salary (or preferred salary),
convert it to an hourly rate, then double it.
We were doing a similar computation in the company I was working for 10 years ago : take your monthly salary (including taxes, etc), divide it by 10, add 30%. You get a daily rate.

This was the amount we charged our customers for contractors we provided. (of course, we kept a part of this amount, around 20%, so the contractor take only 80% of this amount)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,