On Tue, 9 Nov 2010, Bruno Borges wrote:
Now this year, with JavaOne going to happen in Brazil, and the sessions that were scheduled, I believe it is now the time to bring ApacheCon. There's no single talk about anything related to the Apache Software Foundation in this South America version of JavaOne. And I feel really sad about that. Sad that people that are behind the organization had the opportunity to accept papers (I myself proposed Wicket and Camel - papers I have been presenting since 2008 for rooms of 30~40 attenders).

You could always ask them about running some sort of Apache content during the conference, if you waive the usual speakers perks, or propose a half day barcamp with an apache theme - you never know they might for one

We already have ApacheCon Europe and North America. I'm sure we can do ApacheCon South America.

As Ross has pointed out, you'll need to build a team of Apache people on the ground before this could happen. I'd strongly suggest you try running a one day BarCampApache (or similar) first. They're really great fun to attend, not too hard to put on, and should be a great way to draw some more apache people out of the woodwork. Once your crack team of barcamp organisers has been formed + run a couple of events, you'll hopefully be ready to tackle a full apachecon :)

Nick