On 21 Jan 2007, at 10:58 pm, David Ford wrote:

Free software existed before GNU, it will exist after GNU.

Yes, but will we still enjoy the freedom it was intended to bring? Or will it be a mix of free and unfree components barely usable without the unfree components that users will expect to find?

It seems clear to me, having come to this list asking for WiFi and finding out freedom was an issue in this regard, that those driving this project are committed to Free Software and not just Open Source. And Sean's comments on the matter appear to have confirmed this. And that probably means OpenMoko will have at least three more customers (me, my mrs and my old man). (well that and the fact that Job's decision to leave out VoIP from his machine sent me on a hunt for alternatives)

Renaissance Man