On 1/24/07, Dave Crossland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 24/01/07, Duncan Hudson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm starting to get excited about the phone, and I really don't want to
> see my hopes dashed.  Has an FCC filing been made, is the phone ready to
> go?

I believe so. From
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2007-January/001586.html
:

    2007-03-11 Phase 1: Official Developer Launch
    We will sell the Neo1973 direct from openmoko.com for US$350 plus
    shipping. Sales and orders will be worldwide. We are specifically
    targeting open source community developers.

Does that mean that in the case of high demand or low supply
(especially for the Phase 1) ... the members of this list have a
higher priority :-)

> What about the multi-point touch screen?  It's wonderful, but
> doesn't Apple have a patent on that?

Kinda.

http://hrmpf.com/wordpress/48/new-apple-patents/
http://hrmpf.com/wordpress/51/apple-multipoint-touchscreen/

Of particular interest to OpenMoko developers will be
http://www.fingerworks.com/gesture_guide_mouse.html
:-)

Good background story at
http://crunchgear.com/2007/01/15/multi-touch-technology-and-where-its-going-nextoh-and-apple-didnt-invent-it-either/