Bryce Leo wrote:
You'd have to be doing some serious zigzagging: resolution of GPS at street
level is about 50 meters...

Exactly the point!! if you're zig zaggin that much you definately need
to have the cops get called!

But on a serious note, how could it be 50 meters? That's about 165
feet... in certain cases about 3 different roads... Most of the Garmin
products are at 1m/3feet resolution. I'm sure that most consumer
devices are within about 2m/6ft. Do you have numbers that I don't in
this case?

Unless the GPS in the neo is terrible.
Some numbers I did back when GPS SA got turned off, using a Garmin GPS12 at a fixed basepoint,
http://www.mauve.demon.co.uk/gps-average.gif
10s averages are red dots,
green 100 second, magenta circles 1 hour, cyan squares 6 hours, and black 24h.

Percentages are percent that fall inside the circle of given radius of 10s averages.

Some data I've later gotten from driving around with it indicate that picking which lane you are in (4-5m) is not particualarly hard.