I already use my browser to read my email.  I use Gmail to handle the mail
from my domain.  I can read it at home, at the coffee house or at my day
job.

The argument that you have to start your browser seems thin to me.  What is
a mail reader if not an application as complex as a browser?

A forum allows the _writer_ to sort the posting.  I have yet to find an
email filtering program that does works in a more than rudimentary fashion.
A forum can be searched for keywords in much the same way that an email list
can be searched.

Posts stay on a forum.  Much of the email on this list goes into the bit
bucket for me.  Advertising?  Marketing?  We don't have a working phone yet.

--Dan

On 7/23/07, wim delvaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 00:06:55 Mickael Faivre-Macon wrote:
> Maybe you're right, and the whole point is here: mailing lists are for
> geeks and forums are for all other people. We should then have a web
> based forum.

Are you sure ? I find personally a mailing is much easier.  You get the
messages with your regular mail, you can sort them to a special inbox
folder
to read them when you have time.  Whereas a forum you need to start your
web
browser, generally wade through some pages to get to the location you
want,
log on, use some user interface that changes from forum to forum.

Searching a mailing list is also easy : google or some searchable mail
archive.

Adding another channel is counter productive.  Focus all data in one
location
and optimize that medium to the max.