On the other hand, via email you load everything while on a forum you choose
what to view.
The screen size argument also doesn't work too well as the Neo has 640*480
which is plenty and an official forum would obviously make sure to fit well
into that resolution.

How about continuing the discussion in the forum? :P

Ortwin

On 7/25/07, Sebastian Krause <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Not trying to "prove" something -- trying to give benefit of long
experience
> in similar situations.  Email is substantially more efficient, because
it is
> intrinsically more powerful.  For example:

8) Staying in touch directly with the community from my OpenMoko
phone in a year using an expensive GPRS connection:

- E-Mail: Loading everything via POP3 or even better compressed UUCP
  on my phone, reading with my favorite mail client that suits the
  display. Uses minimum bandwidth and I can cut the connection after
- Web forum: Suffer with the web browser on a forum design not
  suitable to the small display. Using tons of bandwidth for every
  request, staying online all the time. Really expensive.

Sebastian