On 30 Jul 2007, at 15:02, Jay Vaughan wrote:

i'm rather fond of using xyz position sensors to roll balls around word-chains, myself .. in my opinion there definitely ought to be more 'game' in the interface of handheld toys, and we all know games riff and rip freely at great will, regardless of mark nor trade.

that said, i don't really think the limits have even been moderately primped in regards to handling the touch-screen in responsive ways. yes, stylus+WIMP==short-term hack but deep down inside we all long for the true death of windows (based GUI's) in the pocket.

as we are definitely seeing around the gadget-sphere, any action that comes naturally for the user is far more progressively used. the iPhone, for example, is definitely one for wankers and twiddlers, if you'll pardon my deutsch ..

I suspect when I see a Neo in the flesh that a normal 0-9 abc def type keyboard will probably be the easiest keyboard given the limited size.

I have a Nintendo DS lite and that has a 3 inch screen which looks too small for QWERTY. Maybe if landscape it would just about be usable for QWERTY.