I think that the GTK front end for the Neo has a lot of potential that the Qtopia front end may miss, so a strategy that borrows from both systems would be good for us early adopters.

Er, the dev kit appears to be missing openssl, which could be a problem.

Also, announcements aside, I don't see a link to the source code on the Qtopia/Neo page, so not all promises have yet been kept. Trolltech has been really good about releasing source code in the past, so I'm not worried about this, but without source, developing will be more painful.

Try ftp.trolltech.com/qtopia/tech-preview/

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech