Hey Nick,

I've not looked at the electronics inside the neo myself but the sound
is typical in the electronics world of a switchmode power supply under grate strain.

I was told by someone on the irc channel that OM folks recommend you don't do it and
being an electronics engineer myself i recommend this too. The sound is not
something the phone should be emitting in normal operation.

Ben.